Thursday, July 12, 2012

Applying the rebate

It wasn't too long ago that I realized I needed a new phone, and that I would have to upgrade to a smartphone if I was going to take things to the next level. I had fought it long enough, "moving on up" was what I had to do. As I looked at phones, I settled on the HTC Thunderbolt. It's a great phone as far as intelligent phones go. One of the things I liked most was that I received a $50 rebate with it as well. So, I sent it in and waited to receive it back. Yes, it eventually came and I was excited to apply it to the phone, since that is its purpose. Just this morning the Lord spoke to me concerning this. See, that rebate card is a lot like the Bible. When I received the rebate card, I had a couple of choices. I could have read it and placed it in my drawer, nullifying its value, or I could use it to APPLY to the phone. This is its purpose, to be applied to the phone. The Bibles purpose is to be APPLIED to the readers life. It's fun to have great discussions about scripture, but where real life change happens isn't at 30,000 feet looking over the landing area, it's at ground level when we bring it in for the landing. It's where we see up close how that days reading can be lived out, not just read about, and theres a HUGE difference. I challenge you, when you enter into devotion time, think application, not just observation. This is where the rubber meets the road, and lives change for the Kingdom. APPLY the rebate card to the phone. APPLY the scriptures to life. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment