Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Delight In You"

A song came to my mind this morning as I sat down with my guitar and started playing a few chords. It was meaningful because as I played the song, I began to sing inspired words from my heart about our journey over the last few years as my family and I have walked through ministry. I want to share those words with you now.

"A thousand miles, feels like I've been walking
 A thousand more, I will walk for You, Lord
 Even when the darkness seems to fall
 I will lift my eyes and look to You

Putting one foot in front of the other
Is what we were made to do 
Putting one foot in front of the other
Get's us one step closer to You

Jesus - I choose to delight in You
Jesus - You are the only hope that's true
Jesus - I choose to delight in You
Jesus - I cling to the only truth - and that is You"

If you've never followed a prompting of the Lord, and moved in obedience to Him, you probably won't feel these words. But if you have, than you know the loneliness, and hardships that can come along the way. Literally sometimes you simply get through by putting one foot in front of the other just to keep going. Other times you cry out to God that you are ready to be with Him and it can't come quickly enough. Some days in themselves feel like you have walked 1000 miles, and ready to stop walking. But then, the choice comes in that what you are doing is all about Jesus. The choice has to be to delight in Jesus, and cling to Him. Without it being about Him, what's the point. I love these lyrics, because they exactly represent my hearts words, and all in just a few minutes this morning. God is good. He is faithful. It's about Him. 

1 comment:

  1. What a conclusion. Wonderful lyrics. And I love that you love them too. We can love our own lyrics & it's not prideful because we know they were never really ours to begin with right? We just helped to materialize them.
    Do you remember the tune this much later? Hope to hear it some day.

    ReplyDelete